E-Pathshala has been developed by NCERT for showcasing and disseminating all educational e-resources including textbooks, audio, video, periodicals and a variety of other print and non-print materials through website and mobile app. The platform addresses the dual challenge of reaching out to a diverse clientele and bridging the digital divide (geographical, socio-cultural and linguistic), offering comparable quality of e-contents and ensuring its free access at every time and every place. All the concerned stakeholders such as students, teachers, educators and parents can access e-books through multiple technology platforms i.e. mobile phones (android, ios and windows platforms), and tablets (as e-pub) and on web through laptops and desktops (as flipbooks).
All the NCERT books have been digitised and uploaded. Currently the e-contents are available in Hindi, English and Urdu. States/ UTs are being approached to digitise and share all textbooks in Indian languages through this platform, which will be done in a phased manner. The Web portal and Mobile App of e-Pathshala was launched by Hon’ble HRM during the National Conference on ICT in School Education on 7th November, 2015.
Present status of dissemination and Impact of e-Pathshala portal and Mobile App is as under:-
- The portal has evinced keen interest of the clientele groups, with 14,33,680 hits;
- The app has a rating of 4.5 on the Google play store, 3.5 on Apple Store and 4.6 on windows store
- The instances of app downloaded are upto 92,557 on Google play store, 4801 on Apple store and 1476 on Windows Store.
Dissemination of e-Pathshala through other programmes by NCERT include:
- To 23 member delegation from Sri Lanka, (20-27, Dec, 2015)
- To 30,000 Students, teachers, parents during Jawaharlal Nehru National Science, Mathematics and Environment Exhibition (JNNSMEE) at Kochi 16-22 Dec, 2015
- To 100 Students, Teachers & Educators from Chaudhary Charan Singh University (CCSU), Meerut on 6 Jan, 2016
- To 60 Teachers from J&K, HP, Punjab and Haryana at Regional Institute of Education (RIE) Ajmer on 12 Jan, 2016
- To 50 Teacher Educators of Telengana on 14 Jan, 2016
- To 75 KRPs of Science and Maths from Maharashtra at Nagpur on 16 Jan, 2016
- At World Book Fair from 11-17 Jan, 2016
- Oriented 75 students and faculty of Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, Haryana on 23 January, 2016
- Shared with Educational Planners and Administrators of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana on 29 January, 2016 at Hyderabad
- Shared with a Five member delegation from the Republic of Korea, Seoul at NCERT, New Delhi on 02 February, 2016
- Oriented 47 Teachers and Teacher Educators from schools, SCERTs and DIETs (Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, Odisha, Chattisgarh and Uttarakhand) on 08 February, 2016
- Oriented 75 students, Faculty of RIE-Bhubneshwar, SCERT, IASEs and RMSA-Odisha from 8 – 12 February, 2016
- Shared the details of e-pathshala during a conference at Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore on 10 February, 2016
- Oriented 25 Mathematics Teacher Educators from DIETs of Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab on 10 February, 2016
- Oriented 1400 Principals of Schools under the aegis of Vidya Bharati Akhil Bharatiya Shiksha Sansthan on 13 February, 2016
- Oriented 21 Teacher Educators of SCERTs and DIETs from Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh and Uttar Pradesh on 13 and 15 February, 2016
- Disseminated about e-pathshala through social media (Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter) and print media (Bangalore Mirror), Common Wealth of Learning (COL)- CEMCA, New Letter, New Delhi