National Scheme of Incentives to Girls for Secondary Education
To promote enrolment of girl child in the age group of 14-18 at secondary stage, especially those who passed Class VIII and to encourage the secondary education of such girls, the Centrally Sponsored Scheme. National Scheme of Incentives to Girls for Secondary Education was launched in May, 2008.
The Scheme covers:
- All SC/ST girls who pass class VIII and
- Girls, who pass class VIII examination from Kastrurba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas (irrespective of whether they belong to Scheduled Castes or Tribes) and enroll for class IX in State/UT Government, Government-aided or local body schools.
- Girls should be below 16 years of age ( as on 31st March) on joining class IX
- Married girls, girls studying in private un-aided schools and enrolled in schools run by Central Government like KVS, NVS and CBS affiliated Schools are excluded.
A sum of Rs. 3,000/- is deposited in the name of eligible girls as fixed deposit. The girls are entitled to withdraw the sum along with interest thereon on reaching 18 years of age and on passing 10th class examination.
The proposals/list of beneficiaries for the academic year 2015-16 is required to be submitted/ uploaded on-line over National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
For more details, click here: Copy of the Scheme - (1.89 MB)
- Complaint Redressal Mechanism - (163 KB)
- List of Nodal Officer - (163 KB)
- Performa for Submission of New Proposal over NSP - (28 KB)
- Performa for Payment of Incentive Amount on Maturity over NSP - (22 KB)